Breweries in Rome, the best places to drink craft beer
READ ME IN Italiano
«Beer lovers, report for duty! Here is a list of the best breweries in Rome, where you can sip excellent craft beers. »
On Friday and Saturday nights, when we make an appointment with our friends, we ask ourselves the same question: ” Where shall we go tonight? “. It’s pointless to deny that meeting the needs of everyone is not at all simple. For example, there are those who only appreciate Italian beers, which often ends up clashing with those who prefer to try something new, perhaps coming from exotic destinations. The same goes for food, with the eternal dilemma between sandwiches, hamburgers and ethnic cuisine. If these problems are affecting you too, we have the right solution: here are some of the best breweries in Rome, classified according to the quality of the place, variety of beers and type of cuisine. Going out in the evening will no longer be a problem!
King Arthur – Ciampino. We begin our journey through the breweries in Rome at the gates of the capital. This place is in fact in Ciampino, but is a real institution throughout Rome and the province for lovers of craft beers and spirits.
- The place:the place is small but very cozy, in classic Irish style: wooden tables, retro lamps, hooks for jackets under the counter, walls covered with paintings, soft atmosphere and background music.
- Beers:the selection of beers is really wide. Italian breweries prevail (Vento Forte, Extraomnes, Loverbeer, Italian Brewery), but some well-selected foreign gems are not absent. The selection of spirits is also valuable.
- The food:King Arthur’s kitchen offers delicious and sophisticated dishes that rotate in the menu according to the season. Excellent sandwiches and desserts.
Queen Makeda – via di San Saba (Aventino)
- The restaurant:the restaurant is spacious, with a contemporary style and a lively and international atmosphere, and with a bamboo garden that brings tropical landscapes to the mind.
- The beers:the selection of craft beers on tap is wide and in continuous rotation. Beers, both Italian and foreign, that cover most of the most fashionable brewing styles. The cherry on top is Birked Makeda, with a dry and citrus flavor, and by the four tables with a private counter, which allows customers to tap their own beer.
- The food:the open kitchen prepares fusion dishes, offering Mexican, Thai and Japanese specialties. Sandwiches are excellent. This is definitely one of the greatest breweries in Rome.
Must – viale Aventino
- The place:the place is not very large, but quiet and warm and welcoming, which makes quality and variety its strong point among the breweries in Rome.
- The beers: the selection of acid niche beers, such as Montegioco (Italy-Piedmont) and Cantillon (Belgium-Anderlecht), especially on tap and bottled, is particularly appreciated.
- The food:the menu is original and it includes a wide variety of tasty starters, first courses and excellent burgers, accompanied by appetizing sauces.
Stavio – via A. Pacinotti (Ostiense)
- The place:the place is very nice, with exposed brick and dehors. It has an outdoor area and a living room that hosts tasting courses, book presentations and parties.
- The beers:the quality of their own beers and the selection of the guests are really appreciated: the counter boasts fourteen channels, ten taps and four pumps. More limited is the selection of bottled beers, which still presents refined labels.
- The food:the menu is constantly evolving and changes according to the seasonality of the products: cold cuts and cheeses, meat, fish, but also vegan dishes. A gem amongst the breweries in Rome.
Brasserie 4:20 – via Portuense
- The restaurant: among the breweries in Rome, the restaurant is one of the most refined, with brick vaults and hops plants that cover the walls. Other beautiful items include the counter, the roof garden and the blackboard that shows the available taps.
- The beers:the selection of craft beers is great: the main hall boasts 47 taps (13 of which are pumped) and the roof-garden presents another six, in rotation.
- The food:you can find tasty and varied sandwiches, with the possibility of adding hops sauce or directly dried floral cones. French fries are also excellent.
Brewdog – via delle Terme di Tito (Colle Oppio)
- The restaurant:a Scottish style brewery, in line with the chain, present around Italy also in Bologna and Florence; not very large, ideal for a quick drink, with a beautiful slate counter with about 20 beer taps and a spectacular view of the Colosseum.
- The beers:the selection of beers, in addition to being clearly dominated by the Brewdog, also boasts a selection of high-level international guests, with particular attention to Italian excellence.
- The food:the menu is simple and the food is normal; the staff is competent and friendly.
Ma che siete venuti a fà – via Benedetta (Trastevere)
- The restaurant:although the place is very small, it is the most famous in Rome for the lovers of high-quality craft; a real reference point among the breweries in Rome. Traditionally, after a chat with the publican, we find ourselves outside on the cobblestones of Trastevere to consume our own beer.
- The beers:the best selection of beers concentrated in one place, in Rome, can only be found only in this place: 16 tapped beers, a selection of goodies from around the world, with particular attention to niche styles such as Gose, Lambic, Kriek, Berliner Weiss, Sour Ale.
Be.Re. – piazza Risorgimento
- The restaurantis the third Roman pub of Manuele Colonna, the largest publican in the capital. The restaurant is spacious and welcoming, furnished in a modern and captivating style.
- The beers:ample space is dedicated to beers in traditional Franconian cask, but also to other styles and cultures of brass. A pair of drums is always present for a traditional tapping at fall.
- Food:the gastronomic offer is partly in the hands of Trapizzino, the famous pizza triangle of the capital, but the menu also offers quality platters.
Open Baladin – via degli Specchi
- The restaurant:the venue Teo Musso, right in the center of Rome, presents a truly original interior design: behind the counter stands a wall of extremely scenic illuminated bottles. The atmosphere is welcoming, with small armchairs and vintage sofas.
- The beers: an interesting selection of craft beers, mainly Italian and of own production.
- The food:the kitchen, led by Gabriele Bonci (of which we have already spoken here), offers original dishes in continuous rotation, as well as burgers and vegan dishes.
READ ME IN Italiano